# Running your first test
After performing the setup and configuring hypertest, hypertest is ready to run tests.
# Start a new Test
Click on the START NEW TEST from the Hypertest dashboard.
You get a number of options while starting a new test:
# New Test Parameters
- Test Ids: has two options, custom and all.
- Custom takes in ids of tests cases you want to use in the test.
- All will include every test case that satisfies the criteria that is further provided in the new test dialog box.
- Initial and final timestamps: The range of traffic that will be considered. Hypertest will throw an error if there are no requests within the specified time frame.
- Run only Smoke tests
- Stop on first failure
- Run only saved test cases: Directly run a test that will be containing all the saved test cases.
- Check API coverage: Shows the percentage of API that will be covered in the test that will be created.
In order to be able to see the percentage of APIs covered by Hypertest, it needs swagger API file, the path of which can be provided to Hypertest via the OAS_DOC_PATH config parameter.
# Analysing the result
Upon the successful completion of the test, an analysis will be generated for you. Every such analysis contains a report called a Build Report that shows every change that has been observed by Hypertest.
- Test id, for referencing purposes.
- Primary Base Url
- Candidate Base Url
- Range of traffic covered by this test
- Number of user sessions(test cases)
- Shows the number of request played
- API coverage for the test
- Percentage of test cases that passed
- Percentage of interactions (requests) that passed.
- Delete the test
- View the test cases
- Custom list on basis of which the analysis is created
# Custom analysis
Every test has at least one analysis, called a default analysis. Hypertest provides a number of filters that can be used to selectively pick information, which creates a new analysis.
For example, suppose a new change has been observed by Hypertest which is actually desired. Now if this change appears too frequently in the default report, it can be added to a custom list which creates a new Analysis. This also means that analysis are immutable; there will be one per set of conditions: analysis and other parameters such as filters.